Bhavan's Old Student's Society (BOSS), an organisation dedicated to alumni engagement and philanthropic activities, hosted its Annual Blood Donation Camp on July 12, 2023. The event was jointly organised with Peddlers and witnessed an overwhelming response from donors. The event successfully collected approximately 50 units of blood, thanks to the generous contributions of the donors.
Prathna Bhatia, a special athlete from the Special Cell of Bhavan Vidyalaya Chandigarh, has made the country and city proud by clinching the Silver Medal in
50 metres freestyle swimming at the Special Olympics World Games held at Berlin on June 23, 2023.
Prathna represented the city of Chandigarh and participated in the 'World Special Olympics' held in Berlin, Germany, under the banner of 'Special Olympics Bharat', Chandigarh Chapter. Her remarkable achievement was accomplished after persistent hard work.
Bhavan Vidyalaya, Chandigarh, organised a first of its kind cyclothon-”'Maitree 2023'-”from Chandigarh to Kathmandu, themed 'Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam'. This unique endeavour began on May 27, 2023, when the cycling contingent comprising 17 students and five teachers was flagged off by Shri R. K. Saboo, Chairman, Chandigarh Kendra, on an incredible journey to spread the message of love and universal brotherhood. This arduous yet exciting journey concluded in Kathmandu on June 3, 2023, covering 1,300 km, as a befitting tribute to the 'World Bicycle Day'.
The Bhavan team cycled resiliently, often pedalling at odd hours, overcoming all the unforeseen challenges. Their tremendous effort was honoured, and the students had the proud privilege of being invited by the Indian Embassy in Nepal and interacting with the embassy staff.
The main objective of this Indo-Nepal Cyclothon was to strengthen the centuries-old ties between India and Nepal and foster an even deeper bond of friendship and love with our neighbouring country.
The Adventure and Cycling club of Bhavan Vidyalaya, Chandigarh organised MAITREE 2023, a cycling marathon from Chandigarh to Kathmandu. The event was flagged off by Shri R.K. Saboo, Chairman of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Chandigarh Kendra, symbolising the beginning of a remarkable endeavour.
Promoting love and universal brotherhood, MAITREE 2023 Cyclothon embraces the theme of 'Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam' which signifies the belief that 'The world is one family'. Embarking on this meaningful journey, a team of seventeen students and five teachers will cycle across the border, carrying a powerful message that emphasises the transformative power of mutual understanding and cooperation.
The main objective of this cyclothon is to strengthen the centuries-old ties between India and Nepal and foster a deeper bond of friendship and love with our neighbouring country. Over the course of twelve days, these determined students and teachers will cover a staggering distance of 1300 kilometers on their cycles. The Indian Embassy in Nepal has extended a warm invitation to the contingent and will be hosting them during their stay.
Additionally, as part of the cyclothon programmes for cultural exchange, the students will have the privilege of visiting Daffodil School in Kathmandu. This opportunity will allow them to engage with the local community, fostering mutual understanding and appreciation.
MAITREE 2023 Cyclothon is the fifth expedition organised by Bhavan Vidyalaya, Chandigarh, following their successful ventures in the past.
With the advent of yet another academic session, the students of Bhavan celebrated freshers' party in the school auditorium. The event saw the Bhavanites going the extra mile to welcome the freshers. The hall was tastefully decorated with colourful balloons and streamers.
An array of impressive and enthralling performances by the freshers included high-voltage dance performances, face-offs and singing which left the audience spellbound. The highlight of the event was an unprecedented and awe-inspiring beatbox performance by Anush and Parth that enthralled the spectators.
Narayani Khanna of XI Arts and Rishit of XI Science were crowned Ms. Fresher and Mr. Fresher 2023 respectively. Soneera of XI Commerce was declared Ms. Elegant while Panav of XI Arts was adjudged Mr. Debonair. Parisha Chawla of XI Commerce bagged the title of Ms. Charming and Paras of XI Science was declared Mr. Dashing.
Bhavan Vidyalaya Chandigarh, in partnership with Special Olympics Bharat, organised a Unified Table Tennis Meet to celebrate the talents of children with special needs. The event showcased the remarkable skills, determination, and sportsmanship of twenty enthusiastic players from various educational institutions. The Unified Table Tennis Meet exemplified the collaboration between mainstream students from Bhavan Vidyalaya and these specially-abled children. The participants included students from the Special Cell of Bhavan Vidyalaya Chandigarh, GRIID 31, SOREM 36, Asha School, Chandimandir, DAV School, Sector-8, and Shri Guru Gobind Singh School, Sector-27.
Bhavan's Special Cell was felicitated for its diligent and selfless contribution to the education of differently-abled children. In a ceremony organised by Chandigarh University, the Special Cell received the Award for Best School for Children with Special Needs.
Bhavan's Special Cell has been at the forefront of providing exceptional education and support to differently-abled children. The school's unwavering commitment to inclusivity and empowerment has made a profound impact on the lives of these children and their families. The award is a testament to their outstanding efforts and dedication to the cause.
The award was received by Smt. Geeta Bajaj Special Educator, in a ceremony graced by prominent personalities from the field of education, who applauded her remarkable achievements and contributions.
Bhavan's Special Cell has implemented a number of innovative teaching methodologies and programmes that cater to the unique needs of these children. Their holistic approach and inclusive environment have enabled students to thrive and achieve their full potential.
The results of Class X were declared and the school students, once again, proved their mettle in academics by performing wonderfully well. Eivaksh Aggarwal topped the school by scoring a stupendous 98.8 %. Vandita was placed second with an astounding score of 98.6%, whereas Vania Sethi with a phenomenal 98.4% secured the third position.
In the overall result, out of 158 students who appeared, 87 students scored 90% and above, while 32 students secured between 90-80%, and 25 scored between 80-70%.
Besides this prodigious result, the number of children who scored a perfect 100 were as follows:
14 students in Mathematics, 15 students in Social Science, 3 in Science, and 1 in Sanskrit.
1. Eivakash Aggarwal of class X has qualified for IOQJS (Indian Olympiad Qualifier in junior science), conducted by IAPT (Indian Association of Physics Teachers) and HBCSE (Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education).
2. She was selected for the Young Scientist Programme of Indian Space Research Organisation (YUVIKA), organised by ISRO.
She even participated in the Robotics Workshop at Massachusetts Institute of Technology Museum in Cambridge, MA, USA.
The students of Bhavan Vidyalaya Chandigarh have proven their exceptional mettle once again with their astounding scores in the Class XII CBSE board exams. Continuing with the legacy of setting benchmarks, the students have performed exceptionally well.
1st -“ Dhwani Bansal emerged the school topper with 99.4%.
2nd -“ Megha Tayal of Humanities stood second in the school with 99.2%%
3rd -“ Aarushi Suri of Science, Bhoomika Chawla of Commerce and Mehar Chhabra of Humanities stream stood third in the school with a laudable score of 98.6%.
1. Dhwani Bansal emerged the school topper as well as topper of the Commerce stream with 99.4%. Dhwani Bansal scored perfect hundreds in Business Studies Accounts and Standard Maths.
2. Bhoomika Chawla stood second in the Commerce stream with 98.6% and scored perfect hundreds in Business Studies and Legal Studies.
3. The third position in Commerce was bagged by Krittika Manocha who scored 98.4 %. She scored perfect hundreds in Business Studies and Accounts.
1. Megha Tayal, who topped the Humanities stream with 99.2%, scored perfect hundred in History and Political Science and has also cleared NTSE STAGE 2- Level.
2. Mehar Chhabar stood second in the Humanities stream with 98.6% and scored a perfect hundred in Legal Studies.
3. The third position in Humanities was jointly bagged by Hari Priya Gautam and Shubhangi Agrawal, with 98.4%. Hari Priya Gautam scored perfect hundreds in Political Science and Psychology, while Shubhangi Agarwal scored a perfect hundred in Sociology.
1. Aarushi Suri topped the Medical stream with 98.6%.
2. In the non-medical stream, Lavish Singla, Aakash Singh, Varan Bhatia and Abhay Verma topped the school with 97.4%, with Lavish Singla scoring perfect hundreds in Standard Maths and Chemistry, Aakash Singh scoring a perfect hundred in Chemistry and Varan Bhatia, in English.
3. Vansh Panwar stood third in the Science Stream with 96.6%.
1. 18 students scored perfect hundreds in Accountancy.
2. 12 students scored perfect hundreds in Legal Studies.
3. 10 students scored perfect hundreds in Business Studies.
4. 5 students secured perfect hundred each in Political Science.
5. 4 students secured a perfect hundred each in Chemistry and Hindustani Vocal.
6. 3 students secured a perfect hundred each in Standard Math, Psychology and Sociology.
7. 2 students scored a perfect hundred in English and Economics.
8. 1 student scored a perfect hundred in Physical Education and History.
Bhavan Vidyalaya, New Chandigarh celebrated Labour Day with great enthusiasm on May 1, 2023. A special assembly was held in school to appreciate and express gratitude to the hardworking staff members who contribute immensely to the smooth functioning of the school.
The event commenced with a heart-warming song of gratitude by the school choir, expressing appreciation for the dedication and tireless efforts of the helping staff. This was followed by a role-play by the students, depicting the importance of labour and the need to recognise the contributions of the working class.
Ms. Inderpreet Kaur, the Principal, presented tokens of appreciation to the support staff as a gesture of gratitude for their dedicated service.
Send it to
Insertion of any News/Events/Achievements are subject to approval from the Website Administrator