- Government of India appoints National Committee for celebrating Munshiji's Birth Centenary and the Bhavan's Golden Jubilee under the Chairmanship of Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma, Vice-President of India.
- Rashtrapati Shri R. Venkataraman inaugurates Kulapati Munshi Centenary and Bhavan's Golden Jubilee celebrations (30.12.1987) in Bombay.
- His Excellency, Mr. Javier Perez de Cueller Secretary General of the United Nations, unveils the Foundation Plaque for the Bhavan's New York Centre(12.10.1987).
- His Holiness Sri Jayendra Saraswati, the Sankaracharya of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham, visits Bhavan's Campus at Andheri, Bombay.(16.5.1987)
- The 95-year old legendary freedom fighter, Baba Prithvi Singh Azad is felicitated. (2.7. 1987). His autobiography "Baba Prithvi Singh Azad, The Legendary Crusader" is released by Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma, the then Governor of Maharashtra, on the occasion.
- Bhavan's Institute of Astrology and Occult Science is started at Bhavan's Delhi Kendra.
- Bhavan's Lucknow Kendra is started.
- Bhavan's Varanasi Kendra is started.
- Bhavan's centre in Toronto, Canada is started.
- Conferment of Bhavan's Honorary Membership on H.R.H. the Prince of Wales, Prince Charles, at the Bhavan's London Centre in London (20.12.1988)
- Bhavan's Agra Kendra is started.
- Bhavan's Hubli-Dharwad Kendra is started.
- Bhavan's College of Communication and Management at Palakkad is started.
- Bhavan's Centre in Lisbon, Portugal, is started.(14.11.1988)
- Valedictory Function to celebrate Munshi centenary and Bhavan's Golden Jubilee Celebration at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi, with Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi as Chief Guest.(20.1.1989)
- Bhavan organizes public reception in Bombay to Adi Sankara Jyoti on its way from Kaladi to Kedarnath.
- Bhavan organizes 125th Birth Anniversary of Sir Asutosh Mookerjee in Calcutta.
- Bhavan starts a cultural complex and Bhavan's Asutosh College of Communication and Management at Bhowanipore in Calcutta.
- Merger of Ramakrishna Seva Samithi educational complex, Sainikpuri, Secunderabad with the Bhavan.
- Bhavan's Gandhi Centre of Science and Human Values is launched at Bhavan's Gandhi Bangalore Kendra Premises.
- Bhavan's Tirupati Kendra is started.
- Bhavan's Mysore Kendra is started.
- Bhavan's Prakashan Sahayak Nidhi to extend financial assistance to budding authors is started.
- Shri C. Subramaniam Award for excellence in Character for school children is instituted.
- Taking over Bharath Vidya mandir at Cannanore.
- Taking over the management of Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertiliser Corporation schools in Bharuch, Gujarat.
- Donation to Bhavan of a furnished flat at Ghatkopar at Mumbai by Shri Mahendra N. Pandya, an ex-student of Bhavan's Mumbadevi Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya.
- Starting of Bhavan's Vidya Mandir at Shivaji Nagar, Pune.
- Shri C. subramaniam is appointed Governor of Maharashtra.
- Shri Girdharilalji Mehta is chosen as President Emeritus of Bhavan for life(16.4.1990).
- Shri Pravinchandra V. Gandhi is re- elected as Vice-President of the Bhavan(16.4.1990).
- Shri Nani A. Palkhivala is elected as Vice-President of the Bhavan(16.4.1990).
- Starting of Bhavan's Venkateswara Vidyalaya in Tirupati.
- Starting of Bhavan's College of communication & Management in Mysore.
- Staring of Bhavan's Nanasaheb Parulekar College of Communication & Management in Pune.
- Bhavan's Sarva Dharma Maitri Pratishthan is Launched.
- Renaming of Bhavan's Press as Bhavan's Mudran Bharati.
- Naming of the Chowk in front of the Bhavan's Central Home as "Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Chowk".