- Bhavan's Bharuch Kendra is started.
- Shri Shiv Charan Mathur, Chief Minister of Rajasthan, inaugurates the Bhavan's Keshari Devi Gyan Mandi at Mukundgarh, Rajasthan.
- All-India Colloquium on National Integration based on Ethical and Spiritual Values with special emphasis on Home, Education and Citizenship is held at the Ramakrishna Math, Hyderabad (March 23, 24 and 25, 1984).
- Bhavan's Yoga Centre at Munshi Nagar, Andheri is started.
- Shri R. Rajagopal Thondaiman, Ex-Ruler of Pudikottai gifts 10000 sq. ft. of land in Kodaikanal for a permanent home for the Bhavan's Kodiakanal Kendra.
- Bhavan's Gangabux Kanoria Mandir in Calcutta is started.
- Bhavan's Vivekananda College of Communication and Management in Bhatinda, Punjab, is started.
- Sant Dnyaneshwar Hari Katha and Kirtan Mahavidyalaya at Alandi, the birthplace and Jeevan Samadhi of Dnyaneshwar Maharaji is inaugurated.
- Rourkela Kendra is started.
- Jodhpur Kendra started.
- The Government of Andhra Pradesh gives over as grant a site for the proposed Bhavan's Vidyashram at Guntur.
- Bhavan's Kendra and a school at Sedam in Karnataka is started.
- Allotment of 16 acres of land at Jaipur by the Government of Rajasthan, for starting a Kendra and Vidyashram.
- Inauguration of Jawaharlal Nehru international Academy of Languages at London Centre by Sir Keith Joseph, Secretary of State for Education and Science, Government of United Kingdom.
- Inauguration of Bhavan's Dance, Drama and Culture at London Centre (with Pandit Ravi Shankar as Director) by Sir Keith Joseph, Secretary of State for Education and Science Government of United Kingdom.
- Release of Bhavan's Publication: Brahma Jnana and the Bhagavad Gita by Shri Paramanandhbhai Patel, by Smti Indira Gandhi, Prime Minister of India.
- Bhavan's New Project : "Dharma Seva Pratishthan" to repair and to renovate places of worship and to impart knowledge in the various aspects relating to the conduct of workshop and to conduct a centre for study of ancient sacred texts is started.
- Laying of Foundation - stone for the new Hostel and Library for the students of Bhavan's Vidyashram at Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh.
- Machilipatnam Kendra in Andhra Pradesh is started.
- Bhavan's Swami Prakashananda Ayurveda Research Centre at Juhu, Bombay is started.
- Belgaum Kendra is started.
- Foundation - stone for the Bhavan's Vidyashram at Nadathara, Trichur was laid by His Holiness Jagadguru Sri Bharati Teertha Swamigal of Sringeri Mutt (14.9.1984).
- Publication of Descriptive Catalogue of several rare manuscripts of great importance and value lying in the Bhavan's Library for which Government of India gave a grant of Rs. 54,000/- 75% of the total expenditure.
- Part - time Degree Course in Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering at the Bhavan's Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Bombay is started.