- Shri Jaisukhlal Hathi, Bhavan's Vice President, passes away (2.3.1982).
- Bhavan takes over the New Science College at Narayanaguda, Hyderabad.
- Bhavan's Kodaikanal Kendra is started.
- Bhavan's Keshari Gyan mandir in Mukundgarh, Rajasthan, is started.
- The Angel of mercy Mother Teresa visits Bhavan's Mehta Vidyashram, Baroda.
- A plot of land measuring about 8000 sq.ft. in woodside, queens, New york is purchased by the Bhavan's U.S. Centre.
- Bhavan's Bhimavaram Kendra, Andhra Pradesh, is started.
- Bhavan's Renukoot Kendra is started
- Bhavan's Kendra in Mirzapur, U.P. is started.
- Bhavan's Ratangarh Kendra, Rajasthan, is started.
- Bhavan's Serampore Kendra, Hooghly, West Bengal, is started.
- Bhavan's Bhatpara Kendra, 24 Parganas Dist., West Bengal, is started.
- Bhavan's Vidyashram at Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad is started.
- Shri C. Subramaniam becomes Vice - President of the Bhavan(14.1.1983).
- Shri Dharmasey M. Khatau, President of the Bhavan, passes away (21.3.1983).
- Bhavan's Harikatha and Kirtan Mahavidyalaya is inaugurated by Swami Ranganathanandaji, Senior Monk, Ramkrishna Order.
- Shri Girdharilal Mehta becomes President of the Bhavan(12.4.1983).
- Shri Pravinchandra V. Gandhi becomes Vice - President of the Bhavan(12.4..1953).
- Bhavan's Madras Kendra celebrates its Silver jubilee.
- Reception to Rashtrapati Giani Zail Singh, the first public reception accorded to him in Bombay after becoming Rashtrapati.
- Bhavan signs agreement with the State Bank of India regarding schooling in Bhavan's schools, of the children of the staff of the State Bank of India.
- Boston Chapter of Bhavan's Centre in USA is started.
- Sir Richard Attenborough becomes Patron of the Bhavan's London Centre.
- First preparatory Meeting of the All India Colloquium on Ethical and Spiritual Values is held in Bombay(13.9.1983).
- Bhavan's Study Circle to study critically the great classics of India is started.
- Bhavan's Pune Kendra is started.
- Swami Rangananda lays the corner - stone of the Bhavan's Auditorium at the Bhavan's Hyderabad Kendra.
- The Government of India approves of a monumental project, sponsored by the Bhavan, of critically editing the manu Smriti with nine commentaries.
- Life and Health Science Wing of Bhavan's Ancient insights and Modern Discoveries project, sets up unit at Cochin to carry out research in ancient systems of medicine particularly Ayurveda under the direction of Dr. Ashok B. Vaidya on Gaestro intestinal Disorders.
- The first phase of of the Chandigarh Kendra building project is completed.
- Smt. Padmaben Hathi performs the Namkarn function 'Jaisukhlal Hathi Sadan'.
- Swami Kirtidananda inaugurates the Bhavan's Vidyalaya at Chandigarh.
- Bhavan's Balamandir at Keerthinagar, Ernakulam is started.
- The first phase of the Hyderabad Kendra Building Project is completed. Shri P.V. Narasimha Rao Minister for External Affairs, Government of India, inaugurates.
- Shri N.T. Rama Rao, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, lays the foundation-stone for the new Building of Bhavan's Rajaji Vidyashram in Madras.
- Lord Fenner Brockway lays the corner - stone for the Bhavan's Kendra building in London.
- Cassette projects for Hymns and Stotras for Children, Shodasa Samskaras and vedic Mantras is started.
- Construction of the rear wing on the first floor of the Bhavan's A.H. Wadia High School, Andheri is completed.
- The Primary Teacher Training Course - a 4 month course - is started at the Bhavan's Rajaji Vidyashram, Kilpauk, Madras.