- Shri Dinkar Kaikini, Principal of Bhavan's Sangit and Nartan Shikshapith is sponsored by the Government of
India, under the Indo-Foreign Cultural Exchange Programme, for the Berlin Festival of Theatre and Music, and for touring the U.S.S.R., Yugoslavia and the U.K.
- Shri Satya Sai Baba lays the foundation - stone of Bhavan's Mangalore Kendra Building.
- Shri Jaisukhlal Hathi, Vice-President, and Shri S. Ramakrishnan, Executive Secretary of the Bhavan, visits Bhavan's U. K Centre.
- Bhavan's Sangit and Nartan Shikshapith organises "Bhatkhande Memorial Music Conference.
- Shri Umashankar Dixit, Union Minister, lays the foundation-stone of the new building complex of Delhi Centre.
- Bhavan's College of Communication and Management, New Delhi, is renamed as "Sardar Patel College of Communication and Management.
- Bhavan's Academy of languages, New Delhi, is renamed as "Jawaharlal Nehru Academy of Languages.
- Bhavan's Jamnagar Centre is started.
- Bhavan's U. K. Centre organises a four-day Film Festival on classical Indian dances.
- Inauguration of Tirupati Information Centre at the U.K. Centre by Shri Jacob Abraham, Minister at the Indian High Commission in London.
- Inauguration of the Frank Moraes Library section at the Bhavan's London Kendra by Shri Kunwar Natwar Singh, Deputy High Commissioner for India in the U.K.
- Inauguration of Bhavan's Newsletter at its U. K. Centre by H. E. Shri B. K.Nehru, High Commissioner for India in London.
- President of India, Shri Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed, is conferred Honorary Membership of the Bhavan at a Special
- The Bhavan confers Honorary Membership on Rt. Hon'ble Mr. Harold Macmillan, former Prime Minister of Great Britain and Patron, Bhavan's London Centre.
- Inauguration of the Bhavan's Vallabhram Mehta Vidyashram at Bharwari.
- The Bhavan's Visakapatnam Centre starts functioning.
- The Bhavan's Vallabhram Mehta Public School, Bharwari, is opened.
- The Bhavan's Project: "Ancient Insights and Modern Discoveries" is launched.
- The Bhavan's school at Andheri, Bombay, shifts to its new building and is renamed as "Bhavan's A. H. Wadia High School.
- Government of India allots 1.66 acres of land adjoining three bungalows of Delhi Kendra for playfields for the Mehta Public School at Delhi.
- Shri H. K. L. Bhagat, Union Minister of State for Works & Housing, inaugurates the annexe of the new building complex of the Delhi Centre.
- Bhavan's Honorary Membership is conferred on Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan at a Special Convocation in
- Inauguration of Bhavan's Shrj Amritlal Kalidas Doshi Mahila College, Jamnagar.
- The Bhavan's new Public School (Vidyalaya) at the Bharat Heavy Electricals Complex in Ramachandrapuram, Hyderabad, starts functioning.
- A two-day Symposium on 'Ancient Insights and Modern Discoveries' is held in Bombay.
- The Bhavan celebrates completion of its 32-year old project of "The History and Culture' of the Indian People", in 11-volumes, in New Delhi. Prime Minister Shri Morarji Desai presides over the function.
- The Silver Jubilee of the Bhavan's Book University is celebrated in Delhi with Prime Minister Shri Morarji Desai in Chair.
- The Bhavan's College of Communication and Management, Bombay, is renamed as "Bhavan's Pranlal Devkaran Nanjee College of Mass Communication.
- The Bhavan's Vidyashram (School) starts functioning at Giri Nagar, Cochin, Kerala.
- The Bhavan dedicates its newly-built spacious auditorium at its Kerala Centre at Cochin to the sacred memory of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The dedication ceremony is performed by Shri S. K. Patil and a life-size oil
painting of Sardar Patel is unveiled by Shri Prabhudas Patwari, Governor of Tamil Nadu.
- The Bhavan organizes a Seminar on "How to Make Bhavan's Educational Institutions More Purposeful" in Bombay with distinguished educationists participating.
- The Bhavan's U.K. Centre acquires its own building in West Kensington, London.
- A preparatory meeting to chalk out a plan to celebrate Rajaji's Centenary is held at the Rashtrapati Bhavan under the Chairmanship of the President of India, Shri N. Sanjiva Reddy, who is the President of the Committee. Acharya
Kripalani, Shri Jayaprakash Narayan, Dr. V. V. Giri, Shri M. C. Chagla, Smt. Vijayalakshmi Pandit and Shri K. Santhanam are Vice-Presidents of the Committee.
- The Bhavan's new project: "Critical Edition of the Principal Upanishads" under the Chairmanship of Dr. P. B. Gajendragadkar, former Chief Justice of India, is launched.
- Government of Andhra Pradesh allots to Bhavan land admeasuring 7,700 sq.yds. in Red Hills at Hyderabad.
- Shri Jaisukhlal Hathi, Governor of Punjab and Vice-President of the Bhavan, inaugurates Bhavan's Jethalal Amratlal Auditorium at Ahmedabad.
- Inauguration of Chandigarh Centre by Shri B. D. Jatti, Vice-President of India.
- Government of India accords recognition to the Mumbadevi Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya as "Adarsh Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya" (from July 1, 1977)
- New Premises of Bhavan's U.K. Centre at West Kensington, London, is inaugurated by Rt. Hon'ble Mr. James
Callaghan, Prime Minister of United Kingdom.
- Bhavan's Trichur Centre is started.
- Bhavan's Bhubaneshwar Centre building is inaugurated by the President of India, Shri N. Sanjiva Reddy.
- Bhavan's Jaipur Centre is started.
- Bhavan's Mukundgarh Centre is started.
- Bhavan's Swaminarayan Technical Institute at Dakor is started.
- 'Bhavan's Journal' celebrates Silver Jubilee.
- Bhavan's Department of Foundation and Cultural Courses is started.
- Bhavan's College of Communication and Management is started at Baroda.
- Shri Sanjiva Reddy, President of India, presides over the Rajaji Centenary Celebrations in New Delhi (December 10, 1978).