- Dr. V. V. Giri, Vice-President of India, presides over the reception to felicitate Kulapati Munshiji in celebration of his 82nd birthday and presents him with the Bhavan's Tri-Decennial Fund of Rs. 36.63 lakhs (February 5).
- Dr. R. N. Kulkarni, Mayor of Bombay, accords a civic address to Kulapati Munshiji at a Civic Reception given by the Bombay Municipal Corporation.
- Dr. Zakir Husain, President of India, presides over the function to felicitate Kulapati Munshiji at New Delhi, organized by the Dr. Munshi Abhinandan Samiti headed by Shri Hans Raj Gupta, Mayor of Delhi, and
presents a Citation.
- Bhavan's Madurai Centre is started.
- Bhavan's Guntur Centre is started.
- Shri Hitendra Desai, Chief Minister of Gujarat, inaugurates the Harilal Bhagwati Institute of Journalism at Ahmedabad as a branch unit of Bhavan's Rajendra Prasad College of Mass Communication and Media, Bombay.
- Dr. V. V. Giri, President of India, inaugurates the new building of the Bhavan's Bangalore Centre.
- A College of Journalism and a College of Dance and Music at the Bhavan's Bangalore Centre are started.
- Bhavan's Veda Kendra, a unit of Bhavan's Mumbadevi Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya, is started.
- Bhavan takes over the management of Vallabhram Saligram Mehta College of Science at Bharwari (near Allahabad) from the Vallabhram Mehta Charity Trust (November).
- Government of Madhya Pradesh allots a plot of land at Bhopal for construction of a building for the Bhavan's Bhopal Centre.
- Government of India allots an additional plot of land together with a bungalow thereon, contiguous to the Bhavan's Building at New Delhi, for expansion of the activities of the Bhavan's Delhi Centre.
- Addition of a Post-Graduate Centre in Science at the Bhavan's Art & Science College at Dakor.
- Addition of a Commerce Wing to the Bhavan's Ranchhodlal Acharatlal College of Arts, Ahmedabad.
- Bhavan's Bhopal Centre (Madhya Pradesh) is started (February 1).
- Bhavan's Bhubaneshwar Centre (Orissa) is started.
- Kulapati Munshiji inaugurates "Pustak Bhandar"- in the Bhavan's Building at Chowpatty for display and sale of Bhavan's publications.
- Reconstruction of the Library building of the Bhavan's College of Arts & Science at Andheri with grant from the University Grants Commission.
- Government of Ceylon and Assam Academy for Cultural Relations take over the copyright for translation and publication in Sinhalese and Tamil and Assamese respectively of the first volume - The Vedic Age - of the Bhavan's monumental History Series.
- Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan visits K.M. Munshi. (January 10)
- Dr. V. V. Giri, President of India, lays the foundation-stone of the building for the Bhavan's Centre at Bhopal (February 1).
- Bhavan's Nagpur Centre (Maharashtra) is started (April 7).
- Shri G. S. Pathak, Vice-President of India, inaugurates the Bhavan's Cochin Centre in Kerala (September 9).
- Sardar Ujjal Singh, Governor of Madras, inaugurates the College of Journalism at the Bhavan's Madras' Centre.
- Addition of a Commerce Wing to the Bhavan's College of Arts & Science at Dakor.
- Government of Orissa allots a half-acre plot of land at Bhubaneshwar and also a grant of Rs. one lakh for the construction of a building for the Bhavan's Bhubaneshwar Centre.
- Deputation of two representatives of the Bhavan as delegates to the six-day World Conference On Religion and Peace held at Kyoto (Japan).
- A College of Journalism at the Bhavan's Guntur Centre is started.
- Addition of courses in Marketing and Advertising at the Bhavan's Bangalore Centre.
- Addition of a course in Gujarati Journalism at the Bhavan's Ahmedabad Centre.
- Deputation at the request of the 'West German Government of a Professor of Sanskrit of the Bhavan to teach Rig Veda at the South Asia Institute of the University of Heidelberg.
- Bhavan's Kochi Kendra Started (June 24).
- Swami Ranganathanadaji inaugurates the Bhopal Kendra Building.
- Government of Madhya Pradesh allots a plot of land at Bhopal, at the State Capital, for construction of a building for Bhavan's Bhopal Kendra.